Meet Dr. Barbara Ollech
Our GNYACD treasurer, Dr. Barbara Ollech, has been providing compassionate and comprehensive dental care for Rockland County patients of all ages for more than twenty years. Dr. Ollech is very respected by peers in the dental field, and has dedicated her career to helping her patients of all ages maintain healthy smiles with individualized care. She earned her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from Fairleigh S. Dickinson College of Dental Medicine, but still looks for better ways to bring her patients a healthy smile with gorgeous results through continuing education and specialized trainings. She has also been recognized as one of America's leading general and cosmetic dentists by TopDentists since 2008. Dr. Ollech's practice serves individuals and families with general and cosmetic dentistry along with periodontics and orthodontic treatments, sleep apnea therapies, TMJ diagnosis and treatment, and much more.
To learn more about Dr. Ollech, visit her website by clicking the button below:
Skills & Specialties
At Dental Design of Rockland, Dr. Ollech provides her patients with family cosmetic dental treatments. She has special skills in sedation dentistry, orthodontics (Invisalign®), endodontic (root canal therapies), periodontic (gum diseases treatments), and snoring and obstructive sleep apnea therapies. During her studies at the Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study in St. Petersburg, FL, Dr. Ollech trained in the evaluation of TMJ disorders, headaches, occlusion, and muscle dysfunction. She is highly skilled in using advanced technologies such as Doppler studies, MRI and T-scan equipment to address TMJ problems. Dr. Ollech can also use injections of BOTOX® to treat spasms in the head and jaw from painful headaches and TMJ symptoms.
Education & Training
After earning her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the Fairleigh S. Dickinson College of Dental Medicine in Teaneck, NJ, Dr. Ollech continued her education with the following fellowships and advanced trainings:
- She completed a fellowship at the Long Island Jewish Hospital in New Hyde Park, NY in the geriatric and special patient care units.
- At New York University in New York, NY, Dr. Ollech finished a year of post-graduate training to study in-depth full-mouth rehabilitation.
- She trained at the Seattle Institute and Spear Education as well as at the Cosmedent Center to learn the leading advancements cosmetic dentistry and implant dentistry with some of the top dentists in the country.
- At the Dental Boot Kamp and Total Patient Service (TOPS) training, Dr. Ollech and her team at Dental Design of Rockland learn better ways of providing stellar customer service to patients and their families.
Dr. Ollech is a founding board member of the Greater New York Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, providing education and leadership to her peers in the Tri-State area. Her other professional memberships affiliations include the following:
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry
- The Crown Council
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics
- American Equilibration Society
- New York State Implant Study Club
- Ninth District Dental Society
- American Dental Association
Awards & Recognitions
In a survey of her peers, Dr. Ollech was awarded a "Top Dentist of the Hudson Valley Award" from 2008 through 2016. Plus, she has been recognized by TopDentists since 2008 as a leading American general and cosmetic dentist.