Meet Dr. Peter Auster
Rockland County Cosmetic, Implant, and General Dentist, Dr. Peter R. Auster is the founder and served 5 years as president of our Greater New York Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He has more than 30 years of experience in general and cosmetic dentistry. Currently, he is practicing at Cosmetic Dentistry Associates in Pomona, NY. Dr. Auster is a published author of many articles about challenging dental work, such as his series entitled, "Conquering a Difficult Case" in Dentistry Today. He also presents lectures on "Tackling Complicated Cases."
Dr. Auster proudly offers his cosmetic dental skills to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Charitable Foundation's Give Back a Smile program, which restores smiles for women and men affected by domestic violence. He also volunteers annually in Jamaica and with Smiles for Life by providing dental care for underprivileged children. Dr. Auster has donated more than $25,000 to various children's charities during his career.
To learn more about Dr. Auster, visit his website by clicking the button below:
Skills & Specialties
Dr. Auster provides a variety of cosmetic procedures (porcelain veneers, smile makeovers, Invisalign®, tooth whitening and more), general dentistry (fillings and preventative care), and surgical solutions with dental implants. He also provides sleep apnea diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Auster and his experienced team at Cosmetic Dentistry Associates are dedicated to listening and understanding each patient’s needs and concerns.
Education & Training
Dr. Auster received his undergraduate degree from Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in Philadelphia, PA with his Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry degree. Dr. Auster is a founding alumnus of the prestigious Dawson Academy and continues to train and learn through dental study clubs and continuing education courses.
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Board of Directors (2012 – 2014)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Affiliate Task Force Regional Meeting Committee and Member Relations Committee
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Current Chairman of the Affiliates Committee
Awards & Recognitions
- Honored as Humanitarian of the Year by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Named 2017 "Leader in Dentistry Continuing Education" by Dentistry Today
- Received a Certificate for International Voluntary Service from The American Dental Association